creamy golden pasta sauce
Confession: I've never been a big mac 'n cheese person.
Some people have fond, nostalgic memories of Kraft Mac 'n Cheese, but the orange color scares me to this day, and honestly, I just didn't find it creamy enough. Even when we made handmade mac 'n cheese, we used the Kraft singles (I did, however, used to fold those up into squares and eat stacks of them), and I still didn't dig it. Call me a weird kid.
I loved Alfredo sauce, though. It's not something I miss, but I still love creamy pasta sauces. This one makes you feel all cozy inside without giving you any digestion problems, because it's packed full of healthy fats and veggies. AKA a sneaky way to get those veggies in!
I'm so in love with this sauce that I eat it by the spoonful. Like, scrape my spoon along the inside of my blender and use my fingers to get every last drop. I'm obviously a savage, but you get the point.
It holds up well too, so if you want to double or triple the recipe to meal prep, I definitely recommend it. Alright, ready to make some finger-lickin' good pasta sauce?
Creamy Golden Pasta Sauce
serves 2 | Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, vegan, vegetarian | time: 10 min
- 1 cup steamed cauliflower and chopped carrots (I used an organic Whole Foods frozen mix (California medley) that I microwaved)
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts (I used Manitoba Harvest)
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tsp ACV
- 1 tsp lemon juice (I used Santa Cruz Organics)
- 3 tbsp leftover pasta water (decrease to make a thicker sauce, increase for a thinner sauce)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (I got this from Trader Joe's)
- Cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, turmeric to taste (I used Simply Organic Foods)
Check out these other sauces that sound frickin' lit:
- Meat Sauce I Put on Everything from PaleOMG
- Dairy-Free Cashew Collagen Pesto from Blonde Gone Clean
- Paleo & Vegan Walnut "Cheese" Sauce from Addicted to Lovely
This post may contain affiliate links. All proceeds go towards maintaining and running this blog - thank you, as always, for all your support!